Released April 16, 2019, the April newsletter featured topics on:
- Reminders of various testing windows closing
- The WebXam User’s Survey launch
- Graduation Year Field Now Available
- Engineering/Manufacturing Validation is Coming Soon
- We’re item-writing for Construction Trades Next Year – WE WILL NEED YOU
- Testimonials – we want to hear from you!
- Reminder – No Pretesting for Engineering & Manufacturing in 2020
- Teaching Professions Clarification on Education Principles Retakes
An archived version of this email newsletter is available here.
WebXam staff members have been tracking testing counts carefully, as well as matching them with EMIS-reported pathway headcounts, and will have NO trouble finalizing to 40-item posttests for rescoring to match the 40-item pretests. Our logic for using existing pretests was that we were delayed in communicating that pretests are NOT available during a field testing year (after major revisions due to changes in technical content standards and course outlines).
Our final day of field testing is Friday April 26, and we plan to post student gain and rescored values to instructor accounts on Monday April 29. Local deadlines for reporting student gain are Wednesday May 1, so this allows submission of data.
The current counts for IT field tests, with ODE pathway head counts to the right, are below (green indicates enough test-takers to finalize now). Note that Cybersecurity will have pretests starting next fall.
Field Testing Counts as of 04/11/19
|145005 Information Technology
|145010 Web Design
|145025 Computer Hardware
|145030 Computer Software
|145020 Computer and Mobile Applications
|145040 Network Operating Systems
|145045 Network Management
|145050 Network Security
|145055 Routing and Switching
|145065 Object Oriented Programming
|145070 Visual Programming
|145075 Systems Analysis & Design
|145080 Database Administration
|145085 Database Applications Development
|145090 Game Design
|145095 Design Techniques
|145100 Creating and Editing Digital Graphics
|145105 Multimedia & Image Management Techniques
|145110 Video and Sound
|145120 3D Techniques
|145125 Interactive Application Development
|146005 Cybersecurity (Plan B Complete)
|146015 Cybersecurity Testing and Response (Plan B)
|146010 Cybersecurity Defense and Reinforcement (Plan B)
As the school year begins to wind down, WebXam would like to remind you about an important date: April 26th, 2019.
This date is important for two major reasons:
- The Teacher Effectiveness window closes: this is the last day to give posttests if using pretests for student gain. Students with a pretest/posttest combination that is completed outside of the Teacher Effectiveness window will not receive a student gain score but may still take available tests.
- The Field Testing window closes: Tests that are in field testing have a shorter window then final posttests. A list of which test are in field testing may be found on the WebXam about the test page.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact us.