Purpose: The purpose of the WebXam review workshops is to allow career-technical education instructors a formal opportunity to review and comment on WebXam operational test forms. The workshop reviews should also be viewed as a tool the instructors can use to drive future instruction. The review workshops will be held onsite at CETE or, as a second option, hosted offsite at a local district through special arrangements. Individuals participating in the reviews will be required to sign a nondisclosure agreement that includes policy stating that sharing of any information attained during the review is strictly prohibited.
Please read the following instructions:
- CETE will offer Ohio CTE Technical Testing System teacher reviews once per month on a first-come, first-served basis beginning in October and ending in April each year. There is a per-teacher charge that covers staff preparation of teacher accounts and staff time required to monitor teachers during the testing session. The attendance cost is available on the Teacher Review registration page. Teachers will not be allowed to review the test unless payment has already been received prior to arriving at CETE. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All payments for the teacher reviews will be required during registration (for P.O. orders see below). Seats are not confirmed until payment is received. When your information is received, you will be directed to a credit card secure-payment processing site. Teachers should sign up for reviews via a form at https://review.webxam.org. After registration is confirmed, teachers will receive an email from email@example.com. To assure adequate preparation time, all sign-ups must be received at least five business days prior to the review date. For orders of multiple teachers on a single credit card transaction, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an order including the date and time of session and the number of teachers.
- If you wish to pay by purchase order, send a scanned copy of the P.O. to email@example.com including the date and time of session and the number of teachers (at $50 per teacher).
- P.O.’s can be made out to:
1900 Kenny Road
Columbus OH, 43210
- P.O.’s can be made out to:
- Test Reviews are limited to 50 teachers per session due to room size and available equipment. The sessions fill up quickly, so early registration is encouraged. A wait-list registration is available if a session is full. Scheduling for morning sessions will be made available first and the sessions will last from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. If we determine there is enough demand, we will also offer an afternoon session from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The 2018-19 dates for upcoming test reviews are listed below:
- October 3, 2019
- November 14, 2019
- December 5, 2019
- January 9, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- April 3, 2020
- To cancel or change your registration, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days prior to the session. Space for the Teacher Test Reviews is limited, users who register and do not cancel or are no shows will be charged the full amount.
- Teachers may review tests once per life cycle; understanding the current test-form life cycle is important. The life cycle is the time between major revisions driven by content standards revision, such as converting from end-of-program to pathway or from pathway to end-of-course and is not annual maintenance. Field test reviews count toward the life cycle review. WebXam posts information about current tests and their life cycle revision dates at http://news.webxam.org.
- Tests under development are not available until they are posted in WebXam for field testing.
- Teachers will use OSU-owned equipment to review tests at CETE, specifically an iPad. Personal computers, tablets, cell phones, purses, briefcases, backpacks, or notepaper are prohibited in the test-review session.
- Teachers must complete a non-disclosure agreement. This allows CETE to document the participants and ensure that test security assurances are obtained.
- Before teachers review test forms, CETE staff will provide a short briefing including information about WebXam and its features.
- Teachers can see their overall scores, but correct answers will not be provided.
- Reviews can be held off-site at local districts if a request is made. This can minimize travel costs for district personnel. WebXam staff will prepare a quote for the district and, if accepted, travel to the district to conduct the review.
Questions or inquiries can be directed to WebXam Support at email: email@example.com.