Purpose: Teacher test reviews, held either onsite at CETE or offsite at local districts, allow CTE teachers (who should NOT proctor tests for their own students) to review the operational forms of tests once per test form lifecycle. WebXam staff expects no information to be shared with others, as outlined in the non-disclosure agreements that teachers will be asked to sign. In addition, the support and IT staff time required to conduct the teacher reviews mandates a charge for each teacher who comes to CETE. Please read these instructions carefully to make sure that you do not waste your time and resources or those of the district.
- CETE will offer OCTCA teacher test reviews once per month on a first come first serve basis (space for 40 teachers per month) beginning in August and ending in March each year. Because April and May are high volume WebXam support call months, staff members are unavailable to proctor the reviews.
- Test Reviews are limited to 40 teachers per session due to room size and available equipment.
The following dates are available for 2014-15:
- September 17, 2014
- October 15, 2014
- November 12, 2014
- December 10, 2014
- January 14, 2015
- February 11, 2015
- March 11, 2015
- Teachers should sign up for reviews via a form at https://www.webxam.org/review. The form will indicate the cost and ask the teacher to specify name, school, email address, and test. Registrations for teachers who have already reviewed the test during the test form lifecycle will be declined. Teachers will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com – to assure adequate preparation time, all signups must be received at least 5 business days prior to the review date. Late requests or walk-ins CANNOT be accommodated.
- Teachers may review tests once per lifecycle – understanding the current test form lifecycle is important. The lifecycle is the time between major revisions, such as converting from end of program to pathway, or from pathway to end-of-course, and is not annual maintenance. WebXam posts information about current tests and their lifecycle revision dates at http://news.webxam.org
- Assessments under development are not available until they are posted in WebXam for field testing.
- Teachers will use OSU-owned equipment to review tests at CETE, specifically iPad tablet computers. NO personal computers, tablets, cell phones, purses, briefcases, backpacks, or note paper will be allowed in the test review session.
- Teachers must complete a Teacher Review Participant Form and the Non-Disclosure Form. This allows CETE to document the participants and ensure that test security assurances are obtained.
- There is a charge per teacher to cover staff preparation of teacher accounts and 4 hours of staff time required monitor teachers during testing session. For 2014-15, this charge is $35.00 per teacher. CETE and WebXam staff members are investigating ways to reduce this cost, but given the requirements for proctoring this cannot be accomplished at this time.
- Payment must be made prior to reviewing assessments. Registrants can contact WebXam Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for payment via purchase order, credit card, check, or cash. Registrants who arrive to CETE without arranging payment will not be able to review assessments.
- Test review sessions at CETE will start at 9:00 am. Teachers will receive forms for optional written comments that WebXam staff will collect and consider during item bank maintenance.
- Before teachers review test forms, CETE staff will provide information about WebXam, demonstrate features, and answer questions.
- Teachers can see their overall scores but correct answers will not be provided.
- Reviews can be held off-site, at local districts, if a request is made. This can minimize travel costs for district personnel. WebXam staff will prepare a quote for the district and, if accepted, travel to the district to conduct the review.
Questions or inquiries can be directed to WebXam Support at email: email@example.com