Friday, May 1, 2015 is the last day for Ohio CTE secondary students to take the field tested End-of-Course (EOC) Tests for the 2014-2015 school year.Please note that this deadline covers field tested EOC Tests that are new in 2014-2015 as well as EOC Tests that were new in 2013-2014 and are in the second year of field testing.
For a list of these tests, as well as other information about field testing, see http://news.webxam.org/2014/10/2014-2015-field-testing.
Friday, April 10, 2015 is the deadline for submitting upload files of student data. If you have questions about uploads, please contact your school district’s EMIS coordinator, your ITC, or WebXam Support.
After April 10, students can still be added manually by logging on to WebXam, clicking the Secondary Students menu item followed by the New menu item, and filling out the form.
Questions occasionally arise about how CETE Psychometric staff obtains the performance standards used to classify student test scores into three levels. This brief explains the process, and additional information can be requested from WebXam@osu.edu at any time.
The March 2015 WebXam newsletter is now available at the following link:
Topics for this newsletter include:
- Contacting WebXam Support
- Deadlines for Testing and Uploading
- Ensuring that Students Take the Correct Tests
- Scoring of End-of-Course Tests
- New Item Writing for 2015-2016 Field Testing
- Subject Matter Expertise in Agriculture-Environmental Systems?
- Open Sessions for Ohio CTE Pathway Test Development
- Common Technical Support Issues
- Reminder of Proctor Requirement Change
WebXam is operated by CETE, a workforce research and development center at The Ohio State University.
If you need help, call WebXam Support at 614-292-4988 or send an email to email@example.com rather than contacting individual CETE staff.
- All emails to firstname.lastname@example.org are immediately tracked in a user support system that is monitored by multiple staff.
- The phone number, 614-292-4988, is a rollover line that will ring to the office phones of multiple staff. If your call is not answered, you will be directed to voicemail, which is checked frequently throughout the day. If you call WebXam Support for help or information, and do not get through to support staff, please stay on the line and leave a message.
Please note the following deadlines for WebXam testing: Continue reading
Over the past few years, Ohio’s CTE Pathway Tests have been transitioning to a new model of End of Course (EOC) Tests from two older models: Modular Tests or End of Program Tests. In the new model, a Pathway Test (for example, 45MC Structural Construction) consists of a multiple EOC Tests (for example, 178001 Carpentry and Masonry Technical Skills) taken by students.
During these transition years, it is important to assign the correct Pathway Test to students. Continue reading
In the modular Pathway Tests that were developed in the past, students had to take all modules to complete the test sequence. With the introduction of End-of-Course (EOC) Tests, students do not take all available EOC Tests in a CTE Pathway. Instead, the student takes the EOC Test for each course they are enrolled in, when a test is available for the course.
For reporting to the state’s data system, EMIS, only one overall Pathway Test score is used per student. The Ohio Department of Education does not collect scores for individual EOC Tests. So, the EOC Test scores must be combined into a single Pathway Test score. Continue reading
CETE at The Ohio State University, in conjunction with the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Board of Regents, is looking for teachers, business leaders, and or subject matter experts in Agriculture and Environmental Systems to help with writing and validating test items in April 2015.