Starting this year, students will no longer use passwords to access tests in WebXam. Instead, Access Codes will be generated when test sessions are activated that will work only for that test session. Access Codes are 6-character letter number combinations.
Access Codes can be downloaded at the end of the test activation process as a CSV or as a PDF. They are also available via the Activations Report.
If a student is taking multiple tests on the same day, the Access Code will be the same for each test.
Access Codes are:
- NOT case sensitive. They are presented as uppercase for readability, but lowercase letters can be used.
- Simpler and shorter than passwords
- Active from one hour before a test session begins, to one hour after the activation window ends, outside of that time, the Access Code will not work.
WebXam is changing activation for the following reasons:
- Simplify login for students in testing situations
- Allow students to securely access accounts in non-testing situations
- Improve the security of WebXam